This Saturday Grey Eagle Resort & Casino – A Way of Life, Creating Spiritual & Conscious Awareness. One Day Workshop $50 Apr 29 #wellness #spirituality #workshop #consciousness #healthyliving #weightloss #wellbeing Pls Share
A Way of Life, Creating Spiritual and Conscious Awareness 2016
Oki, Danitada, Tansi, ãba waθtéč, Good Day,
Thank you to everyone who attended the workshops I hosted in 2015.
I am pleased to announce the Full Day Workshops from 9 am to 5 pm for 2016 are:
Saturday, January 23, 2016
Saturday, February 13, 2016
Friday, March 18, 2016
Saturday, April 16, 2016
Friday, May 6, 2016
Once again, these workshops I share the knowledge, information and tools that will assist you to living a well-balanced and healthier life. This one day workshop will be focused on wellness and spirituality to change your everyday life.
I invite you to contact me for further information. All of these workshops will be located at the Grey Eagle Resort & Casino Conference Centre. I also do workshops by invite as well and I will travel to you; please inquire by email Lowa.Beebe@shaw.ca or phone 403-852-8181.
Please share this with your family and friends within your circle/networks. I invite you to contact me for further information at the phone number listed below or via email, Facebook, Twitter. I encourage you to take advantage of the introductory price of $50.00 and the workshops have limited seating. Feel free to share this with your family and friends within your circle/networks.
Naato’si Design & Consulting Ltd.
Lowa Beebe is from the Piikani Nation in Southern Alberta. Currently, she is the Finance Operations Manager for Eagle Law Group which is a First Nations owned Law Firm and she is the CEO and owner of Naato’si Design & Consulting Ltd.
Lowa will speak on Social Media landscape today. She has thousands of followers on Social Media and is sought for her knowledge on Social Media for various clients. She looks forward to sharing her thoughts on the future of Social Media for Indigenous People.
Major influences on Lowa’s life were her paternal grandfather Elder Howard Beebe Sr. who was an influential political leader and had served as President and co-founder of the Indian Association of Canada and worked for many decades to change laws for First Nation’s people in Canada. Her maternal grandfather was Elder Joe Crowshoe Sr. who was known worldwide for his culture and spiritual teachings of the Blackfoot People of Southern Alberta. Joe was known for keeping his culture and ceremonies alive when Canada made these practices illegal. Lowa is a daughter, mother, aunt, coworker and friend to many.
Her Blackfoot heritage taught her early in her life that volunteering is not chosen; it is a way of life.
Follow Lowa at:
2 litres Water – in a med/large pot
5 tbls of chopped Ginger (rounds)
4 tbls of dry mint leaves (or handful of fresh mint, or a mint tea bag. Again peppermint or spearmint could be used.)
1 lemon, thinly sliced
Add the Ginger and Mint to a large a pot, bring to a boil, boil for 10 to 15 mins. Let stand, add the lemon, cover and let stand again for 10 mins, it is ready to drink. Strain to drink, also add honey or other sweeteners if desired.
This tea is also really yummy chilled. Be sure to strain and put in the fridge, it stays good for at least 2 days in the fridge. You could also re-warm the tea in the microwave if would like.
My Daily Favorite
2 litres Water
1 tsp freshly grated Ginger
1 half cucumber, thinly sliced
1 lemon, thinly sliced
12-18 fresh mint leaves (could use dried mint, or a mint tea bag)
Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and let flavors blend overnight. You could have this drink fresh as well, squeeze the lemon if you are having the water right away.
-Mint could be spearmint, wild mint, or peppermint.
-Strain the water when you drink it. Most time I only take the lemon and cucumber out and drink with the mint and ginger in the water.
-Chop the mint leaves.*
-Cut the cucumber and lemon thin.*
-Grate the ginger.*
*Goal is to extract the brine.
Composition of Water Kefir Grains:
Water kefir grains consist of a complex polysaccharide matrix, upon which live a combination of live bacteria and yeasts existing in a symbiotic matrix.
These include 57 lactic acid bacteria strains, some acetic acid bacteria strains, and at least four yeast strains. Up to 453 different bacterial strains have been identified in water kefir! (Some of these are different subspecies of a single strain, however.) Not all strains are present in all water kefir samples. Differences in the behavior of the grains, the speed at which they multiply, and the type of sugar they perform best with may be due to variations in the bacterial makeup of the particular grains.
The following is a list of the major species of active bacteria and yeasts that are generally found in water kefir:
Microbiota of kefir grains: Pogacic_et_al__Microbiota_of_kefir_grains.pdf
What is Kefir?
Kefir is a hand-crafted, effervescent, cultured and enzyme-rich probiotic beverage filled with friendly microbes to help balance your inner-ecosystem. This beverage can only be made with live Kefir Grains. The term Kefir Grains describes the look of the culture only and can be a misnomer as they do not contain any grain such as wheat or rye. There are two types of grains, Water Kefir Grains and Milk Kefir Grains. In general, both types of Kefir Grains are a symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast in a polysaccharide matrix. Water Kefir Grains are cultured in a solution of sugar and water. Water Kefir Grains can also culture in natural fruit juices containing sugar or young coconut water. Milk Kefir Grains are cultured in dairy including cow milk, goat milk, or sheep milk.
Water Kefir Grains are non-dairy, soy, wheat, nut, and free. Water Kefir Grains are a vegan starter culture (no animal-by products).
There are many different recipes and flavoured recipes. The Recipe I posted (http://wp.me/p4rKPo-3) is one I came up with a lot of trial and error. However, find any recipe that works for you and use what works best for you.
‘Milk Kefir’ has appeared on Dr. Oz several times in the last few months. Also, you could now buy Milk Kefer and Planet Organic, Super Store, etc. I buy this now and then and have it daily, as well as making Water Kefir. The Milk Kefir tastes like a very strong yoghurt. 🙂
So if all you could do is purchase Milk Kefer then I would do that. Investing the time and energy into making Water Kefir is a commitment that sometimes is arduous.
In the past, I have made the Milk Kefir at home. Personally, I do not really trust myself and believe the Milk Kefir will not spoil, so I gave up on that quick.
Benefits from Water Kefir:
- Strongest natural remedy against any allergy
- Strongest natural antibiotic without side effects
- Treats liver disease
- Treats gallbladder, dissolves gall bladder stones
- Clears the body of salts, heavy metals, radionuclides, and alcoholic products
- Cleans the body of chemical antibiotics
- Treats kidney stones
- Good bacteria in kefir are able to fight off pathogenic microorganisms
- Lowers level of LDL cholesterol
- Cleans the gastrointestinal tract
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Treats gastritis
- Treats pancreatitis
- Treats ulcers
- Prevents and treats colon cancer
- Improves digestion
- Improves the body functions
- Improves the human immune system
- Cures Candida
- Cures hypertension
- Stops growth of cancer cells
- Speeds up healing process
- Treats psoriasis
- Treats eczema
- Treats inflammatory diseases
- Reduces size of tumors
- Treats heart disease
- Reverses calcination of blood vessels
- Clears the blood vessels
- Boosts the bodies energy
- Natural “feel good” food
- Treats lung infections
- Normalizes metabolism thereby can be used as for weight loss
- Cures acne
- Has anti-oxidants and anti-aging properties
- Nourishes hair
- Treats the gum disease parodontosis
- Lessens effects of medicines
- Replenishes body of good bacteria after antibiotic
- Balances the microflora of the body’s digestive system
- Regulates blood pressure
- Lowers blood sugar
- Lowers blood lipid levels or cholesterol and fatty acids
- Treats diarrhea
- Treats constipation
- Promotes bowel movement
- Anti-stress properties
- Treats sleeping disorders
- Treats depression
- Treats attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Improves the brains neuro functions like reflexes, memory retention, attention, the five senses
- Reduces flatulence
- Lactic acid fermentation enhances the digestibility of milk based foods. People who cannot otherwise digest milk, can enjoy the vital calcium rich Kefir.
- Treats yeast infection
- Eliminates vaginal odors
- Cures wrinkles
- Treats arthritis
- Treats colitis
- Treats gout
- Cures migranes
- Treats rheumatism
- Treats other stomach disorders
- Detoxifies the body
- Improves protein quality of milk, and enhances absorption and digestion
- Good bacteria manufacture B vitamins such as B3, B6 and folic acid.
- Aids in treating tuberculosis
- Treats stomach cramps
- Treats chronic intestine infections
- Treats liver infections
- Treats asthma
- Treats bronchitis
- Treats sclerosis
- Treats anemia
- Treats hepatitis
- Healing effects on catarrh, digestive nodes, astral nodes, bilious complaints
- Treats leaky gut syndrome
- Prevents metastasis
- Cures bad morning breath
Drinking Water Kefir can help you to achieve your optimal health, strengthen your immune system, and help to prevent diseases of all kinds. Most importantly, it restores good digestion – the key to health and longevity. When your body is out of balance, unfriendly opportunistic bacteria and yeasts can take over – producing irritable and bad digestion, food allergies, headaches, flu, skin rashes, and other more serious disorders. Water kefir is something you and your family can drink and use on your skin every day.
- Inhibits the growth of unfriendly bacteria and yeasts, and helps beneficial probiotic microorganisms to colonise and thrive in your digestive tract, and throughout the test of the body (skin, eyes, bladder, vagina, nose, throat, etc).
- Contributes to a healthy immune system.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Helps with the digestion of food and micronutrients. The KEY for health and longevity is good digestion, and a balance of good bacteria are the essential starting point.
- Heals, or reduces the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome IBS including bloating, indigestion, flatulence, diarrhea, constipation, nausea, low energy, muscle aches and pains.
- Heals intestinal dysbiosis and SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth).
- Increased energy and overall feeling of good health.
- Can stop unhealthy food cravings, especially for sugars and sweet foods.
- Skin complexion and overall condition improves. Brown liver spots / age spots can fade, as can skin tags, moles, warts etc. It can ease or cure many skin conditions, such as psoriasis, eczema and acne.
- Hair and nails look healthier, and are strengthened and improved.
- Liver cleansing, as in traditional Chinese medicine, thus easing aches and joint pains, and benefiting the eyes.
- Glandular (endocrine) system (adrenals, thyroid, pituitary, ovaries) benefits. Women have healthier periods, some women have periods start again after early menopause.
- A tranquillising effect on the nervous system has helped many who suffer from sleep disorders and insomnia, depression, ADHD and autism.
The table below indicates suggested doses indicated for some conditions:
1 liter daily
1 liter daily (they disappear after 2 months)
1 liter daily (during a longer time)
1 liter daily
Anemia / Leukemia
1 to 2 liters daily (check blood test values after 2 months)
1 liter daily
Dermatitis / Eczemas /Skin Allergies
1/2 liter daily + local application over affected skin letting it dry. Wash hands and face (after 2 to 4 weeks allergy disappears)
1 liter daily
1 liter daily
Gall Bladder Disorders
1 liter daily
To regulate Blood Pressure
1/2 liter daily
Here are some great links that I received information from:
You will need the following:
-do not use larger or smaller than one quart (recipe will not work).
-No tap water, or distilled. Natural Spring water works best.
-The chemicals in Tap Water will kill the grains.
Water Kefir Grains
-if you’re in Calgary, Alberta I could give you some.
-You cannot buy these in a store, you will have to get them from someone who is already growing them, or buy them freeze dried or dried from someone (or company) on the internet.
-I got mine on kijiji
Ingredients (per Jar)
• 60 Mls of Water Kefir Grains
• 30 Mls of Sucanant
• 30 Mls of White Cane Sugar
• Water (filtered, or Natural Spring)
1. Dissolve both sugars (60 mls) together in small (a cup size) amount of warm water. You could warm the water up in the microwave for approx. 1 minute.
2. When sugar is dissolved in the warm water, pour into the mason jar and fill the rest of the jar with cool filtered water. The water now must be at room temp. The water cannot be too cold or too hot when you put the Kefir Grains in. If the water temperature is not correct the Kefir Grains will die.
3. Add the 60 mls Water Kefir Grains and stir.
4. Cover with a coffee filter and then cover with the mason jar lid, without the round part. The mixture needs air, but has to be covered from dust, etc.
5. Leave on the counter for approx. 48 hours to fully ferment. Give or take a few hours is ok to drain and make a new batch. You could mark the top with a sharpie and say ‘Wed. Eve’ or ‘Wed Morn. ‘ Just to remind you when the batch is ready.
6. After 48 hours, strain the Water Kefir Grains pouring the liquid into another container. It is ready to drink, put the rest in a glass jar in the fridge.
7. You will have left over Kefir Grans, put those in the fridge as well.
8. Repeat the process!
Other Tips & Information:
- The extra Kefir Grains could be eating by themselves. They are like a yoghurt. You could also add them to yoghurt or a smoothly. Put the extra Kefir Grains you end up with in the fridge to store them. Do not leave the grains to sit long in the fridge between making a new batch. Also, make sure to rinse with filtered water when you are ready to use them. They will only last approx. 48 to 72 hrs in the fridge. The Kefir Grains always need to be fed sugar, so do not leave them long outside of a mixture. The Kefir Grains are a live culture and need to eat every 48 or 72 hours.
- The drink itself when made could stay good in the fridge for approx. 4 days or longer. Please see recommended amount to drink daily on my other post. I would drink a minimum of 1 liter per day and consume approx. 30 mls to 120 mls max of Kefir Grains. I have Kefir Grains for breakfast and as a snack in the evening. But consuming a bit more than 120 mls that is ok to do.
- There are other recipes on the internet, so you could have a look at those if you want. Also, you could add fruit to the mixture to change up the taste if you want.
- While fermenting, you will see bubbles and this good, it means everything is working good.
- Using brown sugar, or other (regular) sugars seems to kill the Kefir Grains too. Most likely it is because of the chemicals in those sugars.
- Sometimes your Kefir Grains might just die and you do not know why. Make sure you have monitored the following: room temperature when it sits, soap residue on jars from washing, always use clean water, never use too cold or too hot of water when making it. Also, do not use metal, steel or plastic to store, only glass.
- Kefir grains look a lot like semi-transparent crystal gems
- Kefir Grains should live indefinitely with good care – they are a living, consuming organism that are in a constant state of reproduction.
- Kefir Grains will move around and float. You should try to rotate the jar(s) over the 48 hours they are fermenting, to move the air around and the sugar and water.
- Kefir Grains will grow slower or faster depending on the temperature of the room. If it is the summertime make sure to find a cool place. Most times they could be put on any counter and the lighting in the room should not matter.
Any questions, email me Lowa.Beebe@gmail.com